Saturday, May 15, 2010

A Wonderful Saturday

My honey and I had a wonderful day today--spent the entire afternoon driving around Gurnee, Fox Lake, north to Wilmot and the neighboring areas. We love being in these towns with lakes and channels; enjoying that laid-back water-folk atmosphere. (Of course it helps that the hubby can fish just about any place he can park the car!) We saw some amazing homes, running the entire gamut from multi-millions in horse-country to the tiniest cottages on the channels. Our buddy, Bob has the tiniest little blue rustic cottage that I am just itching to get my hands on and renovate to the shabbiest chic-iest little nest ever. It is alive with birdlife and right on a channel.

We finished off with an amazing meal at The Stagecoach Inn in Wilmot---delicious lambchops for me (and Wrigley) and filet and lobster (wow) for Lach.

All in all, a really relaxing day for the two of us, something we haven't been able to share in a while.
Hope you had a lovely Saturday, too~
Lee

1 comment:

  1. I love that you bring home extras for the dog, but not the rest of your family! I see how it is....

    ReplyDelete