Friday, August 13, 2010

The End of Summer

 Here it is, August 13th.  (Friday the 13th, in fact!)  I'm feeling a little blue, knowing that Old Man, as his sisters call him, is heading back to school next week.  When he went away last year, I told everyone (ad nauseum!) that I was going to go "into a decline" as all well-bred Southern belles who were born in Massachusetts and lived the rest of their lives in Illinois do.  And what the heck were the hubby and I going to talk about, for crying out loud? And who was going to help me with difficult installations?



When in actuality, about 30 minutes after he was officially moved out, I was fine.  Go figure.  And the hubs and I travel on the weekends, go to movies on any old evening we feel like it, doing just as we please.

 And the installations get installed, one way or another.



Which is not to say I don't miss my boy, as much as I miss my girls on an everyday basis, even though none of them are more than 90 minutes away.  Of course, the girls are much better about calling their Mom on a regular basis. (hint hint)  I do know Tracy is taking good care of him.

But really, who could resist a face like this? I miss him already!



By the way, in case anyone was wondering, that lovely harvest gold bedspread was never a part of Chez Frew decor; that picture was taken at our beloved Lakeside Inn in Whitehall, Michigan.

No comments:

Post a Comment