Wednesday, August 4, 2010

It's A Rainy Day


It's a rainy day here in Chicagoland. I'm not complaining, because it's been pretty hot and dry and my gardens could use some rain.
Unfortunately, when I say 'gardens' I use that term pretty loosely. I haven't put much time or money into them this year and it shows.


Maybe they're not this bad, but they are pretty shabby.


One thing I did plant this year is some 'Heavenly Blue" morning glories. I love morning glories! I was pretty proud of my little seedlings popping up. (What is it about those tiny fledgling flowes that is so exciting?)Anyway, Big Girl was visiting and I was showing off the newly sprouted vines. She suggested I might want to thin them out a bit, since morning glories do tend to stretch out. I pooh-poohed that suggestion--more is more in my book! In fact, I even threw a little more fertilizer on them last week!
And now? Well, let's just say that I get nervous when our little neighbor, Connor gets too close to the fence. And little Wrigley might just disappear if we're not careful. Remember this guy??




Well, I'll just be vigilant. Because once these puppies start blossoming, they're going to be spectacular!

1 comment:

  1. I love morning glories! So beautifully colorful. I just can't figure out how to stop them from taking over the yard :0)

    ReplyDelete